Michael also completed his Masters Degree in mechanical engineering. He worked in the automotive industry before he made the switch to Terry Moss Racing as Team Manager and Race Engineer in 2010. Michael oversees the daily running of the business, is responsible for engineering the cars, development, dyno tuning, design, testing and setup, maintenance and performance, logistics, budget, parts and a whole lot more. Michael in conjunction with the motor sport role, also overseas the manufacturing and design of solar frames for All Power.
The unique correlation of MECHANICAL ENGINEER and PROFESSIONAL RACE DRIVER has certainly given Michael the edge in performance, There are not many drivers that understand the dynamics of a race car like Michael, and being able to combine the two roles as effectively has he has done has allowed him to become one of the most successful racing drivers and engineers in South Africa.
- Masters Degree Mechanical Engineering
- B-Tech Mechanical Engineering Cum Laude (33/34 Distinctions)
- Awarded Rectors Award : The most meritorious National Diploma Student in the Technology Division at PE Technikon
- Awarded Eskom Award for the Top Student in SA in the division of technology in both technikon’s and universities.
- Received ECSA award for the best engineering student at the PE Technikon
- Received an award from the SA Institution of Mechanical Engineers for Academic Excellence.
- Received an award for the best National Diploma Student in all engineering disciplines in South Africa infrom the Chamber of engineering technology.
- Awarded Best Mechanical Engineering B-Tech Student
- Awarded the Institute of Professional Engineering Technologist Award for Academic Excellence, the top Engineering B-Tech
Student at PE Technikon
- Awarded the IPET Award for the Academic Excellence
- Awarded Engineering Council of South Africa Merit Medal for the most deserving engineering student achieving Cum Laude standard at PE Technikon